Monday, May 5, 2014

May the Fourth and Revenge of the Fifth!

Hello TJW Podcast listeners! A belated Happy May the Fourth and a very happy Revenge of the Fifth! More than any other year, I think this years May the Fourth celebrations were more exuberant and plentiful than previous years. Don’t me wrong, it has always been a lot of fun and at times it has coincided with Free Comic Book Day weekend as well.  But I think this year was a little different.

Maybe it’s because I live in southern New England and the fact that we just came out of a pretty rough winter and are thrilled that we have finally hit spring. We can get out and go to these events without worrying about an icy,snowy and cold trip.  But I think it is also because we are in full throttle with Episode 7 especially after getting the official cast announcement last week as well as getting a peek at the trailer for Star Wars Rebels.  And did anyone else catch J.J. Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan’s May the Fourth You Tube greeting?  

My facebook and email were just jammed packed with enough Star Wars news to make any Star Trek fan cry.  And how about all the deals coming in from every “etailer” you can imagine? If you are a Star Wars fan and were unable to make a choice for a good May the Fourth purchase, I do not blame you!  Do I get a good deal on a Star Wars book or graphic novel? Is there an action figure or statue that is too good to turn down?

At first I thought about some some Star Wars art.  As a budding artist myself, I really do appreciate the time and effort that Star Wars artists put into a great print, a sketch card or a nice commission piece. But as I was surfing the web for a deal, I noticed that Official Pix had their annual May the Fourth metallix photo deal. Last year they had two great shots to choose from...a funny impromptu shot of the Millennium Falcon crew giving us their best “May the Fourth be with you!” wave and a gorgeous shot of Carrie Fisher sporting her slave outfit while taking a jump in the ocean.

This year only offered one shot but it is such a great scene from The Empire Strikes Back. A close up of Darth Vader with Boba Fett in the background during the reveal scene on Cloud City when Darth Vader greats Han and Leia with, “We would be honored if you would join us.”  This was the item I had to get in honor of May the Fourth. This metallix photo measures 10 inches by 20 inches and is just missing some great signatures from James Earl Jones, Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse.  I cannot wait to get this in the mail!

This November I will hopefully be going to the Rhode Island Comic Con.  Dave Prowse aka Darth Vader will be in attendance and I cannot wait to shake his hand and get his signature on this great photo.

What did you get on May the Fourth? Getting anything for Revenge of the Fifth?

Let us know!  Email us at: jundlandwastespodcast@gmail.com

All the best and stay tuned for our next episode!
All the best,

Mark
Co-host TJW Podcast

No comments:

Post a Comment